4 Ingredient Wheat Bagels
Yield: 4 bagels
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Rich in fiber, vitamins & minerals, and 4 ingredients? Say less. These homemade bagels are quick to create and the perfect way to finish off that tub of greek yogurt lingering expiration. 12 grams of protein per bagel, too!
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup all-purpose flour
Few pinches of salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup + 2 tablespoons plain nonfat greek yogurt
1 whole egg, for wash
Optional toppings: everything but the bagel seasoning, cheese, sesame seeds.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients and whisk (flours, salt, baking powder).
3. Add yogurt. Mix with a fork.
4. Dust all-purpose flour on a working surface. Knead dough for 1-2 minutes on the floured surface.
5. Divide dough into 4 equal sized balls. Roll each ball out to ¾ inch thick ropes and conjoin the ends to form bagels.
6. Whisk egg and wash overtop of bagels.
7. Top with desired toppings and bake for 25 minutes.